Monday, June 27, 2011

What a great friend!

Today I spent like 3 hours with my friend Paige.  We had a great time looking up eating healthy food stuff on the internet, talked about many topics and just had a great time.  We were laughing cause we both thought we looked "ugly" cause we had no makeup on ......I had pigtails and she had a bobypin holding hers back.  But when I left her house I thought about the fact that she is a true friend.  I do not have to dress up for her, put on makeup or even have on cute clothes(and I LOVE cute clothes!!!).  We really did "nothing" for three hours but it was fun spending time with her.

She is also our pastor's wife. She is so authentic!  What you see is what you get. Brian is the same way.  Last sunday Brian preached and before he began he talked about how He too is a sinner and does not deserve to be on stage preaching.  God's grace allows him to be able to have that privlege.  So appreciate that in a pastor.  Back to Paige.....she is the same way and I love her to pieces for that.  She does not "pretend" to be perfect, in fact she talks more about her imperfection than anything else!  She struggles with many things that some of us will never experience, like a life altering car accident, almost losing her life, medical issues and now not being able to drive.  Do I hear her gripe??  NO!!!  She is the first one to volunteer to make a meal when someone is sick, let my kids spend the night, etc.  Her heart is huge.  She is such a great example to me on many levels.  She always tells me she is praying for me and our family and I love hearing what God teaches her in His word.

Well..long story short...today was a great day with Paige.  She is such an awesome friend and pastor's wife.  She may be embarassed if she reads this...oh yeah I know she will read this cause she tells me she reads my blog!!!!

Love ya paige!

No comments:

Post a Comment